San Jose shooting: Nine confirmed dead, including gunman, who was a VTA employee
Mercredi 26 mai 2021 ((rezonodwes.com))–Police and firefighters responded to a shooting at the Valley Transportation Authority light rail yard in San Jose, California, that has left nine dead, including the suspect, according to local authorities. A bomb squad is responding to reports of explosives on the scene.
A shooting Wednesday morning at a light-rail yard near downtown San Jose left nine people dead, including the gunman. Here’s what is known so far:
• The shooting was first reported at 6:34 a.m. at a Valley Transportation Authority control center at 101 W. Younger Ave., with multiple 911 calls to law enforcement.
• Nine people are dead, including the gunman, and multiple people are injured. Santa Clara County sheriff’s officials said the shooter was a VTA employee; no age was given.
VTA employees are among the dead and injured.
• The facility has been evacuated. It is a VTA control center, described as a hub that stores multiple VTA trains, and is also a maintenance yard.
• Multiple agencies and investigators are responding at the area, which is near the Sheriff’s Office headquarters. There is no information on the weapon used by the gunman.
• A reunification center has been set up for families at 70 W. Hedding St.