Mercredi 9 décembre 2020 ((rezonodwes.com))–
Security Alert: U.S. Embassy Port-au-Prince, Haiti (December 9, 2020)
Events: Multiple sources, including mainstream and social media, indicate that civil society groups will demonstrate in downtown Port au Prince on Thursday, December 10, to commemorate International Human Rights Day. The group’s stated intent is to draw attention to the violence, insecurity, and corruption prevalent throughout Port au Prince. Although these demonstrations are expected to be peaceful, we urge caution as large gatherings can often be unpredictable in nature and size.
Actions to take:
- Avoid the area;
- Avoid demonstrations and any large gatherings;
- Do not attempt to drive through roadblocks, and
- If you encounter a roadblock, turn around and get to a safe area.
- U.S. Embassy Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Tabarre 41, Route de Tabarre
Non-emergency inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact the State Department’s Bureau of Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 toll-free from the United States and Canada
1-202-501-4444 from other countries
- Haiti Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.